Friday, February 22, 2008

Busy bee!

Well well well. When it rains, it pours. And that's not counting the rainstorms that keep blessing us here in Southern CA. It's been so calming and refreshing, and I have enjoyed it while it's lasted, though I think we're finally headed into Spring! I'm keeping ultra busy with film projects, classes, an internship, and just trying to keep up with my own personal business like paying my bills and doing my dishes. A few friends have been lucky enough to catch me by chance and plan stuff with me for times when I have a little more freedom to actually leave the house. And before I know it, I'm telling people I can't do anything at ALL for the next two weeks. I just don't have time for anything other than work. I hope this is only temporary, because I do want a relationship at some point....

Anyway.

So my feature has locked down dates, and I'll be spending a lot of time trying to pin down a crew and secure some other elements of the production. I'm really excited! There's nothin' like some good old-fashioned renegade Sci-Fi to make life more colorful and fun!

I finally came up with a name for my production company, and just to put my mind at ease, I will be registering the name and getting a business license hopefully next week. Once I have the name registered, I will release it officially, along with a description of my objectives. The company itself will probably be just floating a bit until I can develop some alliances, but suffice it to say, I'm developing it with specific intentions in mind: there are a couple things I would like to see happen in this industry, for the better. I don't expect anything, per se, I just aim to make a difference. And films I care about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Words are too limiting...
Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!