Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cleanse/Detox, Day 1

I started my day off today by making a bunch of juice to drink throughout my waking hours. I decided to do the first three of ten days as "mostly juice" days, allowing myself a little meal and maybe a snack. When it came time to eat today, I simply wasn't hungry. I still forced myself to eat, and it tasted great! I noticed a pronounced hunger at the end of the night, so I allowed that snack, and all was well. There's still a little background hunger, but we'll see how the juicing goes tomorrow... as long as I keep a decent amount of juiced greens in the diet, I should be fine. My concoction of greens plus fruit seems to do the trick; I may whip up a couple batches, one with only greens and one with about half greens. I don't want to do just straight fruit juices, for the protection of my blood sugar level. Best lesson of the day: keep the tops on your carrots! Those greens are fantastic, and very alkalizing.

Today was relatively easy, and I've read it's supposed to be the hardest....? Day three on the Master Cleanse is supposed to be pretty difficult, but this is a little different. We shall see!

No comments: