Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just wondering....

Does what I'm writing here really matter to anyone besides me?

I find myself comforted when I read other peoples' blogs and can identify with what they are going through/thinking. A little bit of "wow, we're all human" seems to be more and more necessary these days. Thich Nhat Hanh says that we cannot have love without understanding. Doesn't everyone want to be understood to some degree? This is, of course, not to say that everyone ought to blog in order to feel understood. Or, consequently, loved.

This is possibly an attempt to feel more loved, though my subconscious has yet to reveal any truth to that. This is certainly not an attitude of propagation of self-pity. This IS an attempt to connect with my fellow humans by sharing a part of my innermost self. Do we gain any benefit from it? Who knows. Some might say "who cares."

A line from a song I've been mildly obsessed with lately, "Danger" by Verse Two, which likely won't be found in any Google search (I've looked), speaks to me like the initial point of a fractal reverberates infinitely thereafter:

"Let yourself help yourself help yourself and others"

Am I helping anyone else besides myself? Indeed, am I helping myself at all?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs.
I wonder if you're writing for you or for an audience...I mean, there are probably a number of us who read your writings but don't comment...I wonder why I don't usually comment. There is most often something I can relate to in your writing....
I'm off to wonder about your wondering. :)

Anonymous said...

it's kinda weird how my reality is different than yours, and different than yet another person's reality. we perceive differently because we have different experiences. I think that blogging can definitely bring a humanness to each of us that otherwise we couldn't necessarily perceive. I think that friendships can come out of internet chatter... closeness, because we see what you feel...
mariana

Anonymous said...

What you write matters to me. :)

I think every artist creates in order to either be more understood, or to understand themselves.