Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Believe

That's all we can do.

Whatever we believe ultimately becomes reality for us. And reality exists for no one other than ourselves.

I have fallen off the mediation and exercise wagons, but September and the impending equinox have me sinking into some strong motivation to generally re-shape my life. I am not going to stop doing the things I love; in fact, I am turning more attention towards myself and relinquishing myself into the throes of what feeds my soul.

I thought it might help to put a statement of commitments out there, since things like this being out in the public domain can act as a solidifier for me.

Here goes:

1. I will meditate every day.
2. I will exercise regularly and treat my body with respect.
3. I will not beat myself up.
4. I will allow myself to just be, without attachment or aversion.
5. I will follow my dreams.
6. I will be as good as humanly possible to myself and everyone else.
7. I will look more deeply into others' eyes.
8. I will take a moment for myself.
9. I will proceed with joy.
10. I will love without fear.

I may think of more, though I like the number 10, and I think this is plenty to work on.

I believe everyone has a right to follow on their most joyous path. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to do so.

If I stray, slap me! Hey, I said I wouldn't beat myself up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will throw up.

Sorry, but all that sounds supercilious to me.

Melanee said...

Thank you for the encouragement.