Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Raw for 7 days (day 3: 3/22/10)

Well, I'm definitely fighting not to get sick with something-- every time I'm getting sick, it seems to start in my chest and move outwards. I'm taking extra supplements to help combat it, which should work in addition to the good foods I'm eating.

I have good energy otherwise and feel a bit more serene in general.

Here's what I had:

De Lime in de Coconut tropical date smoothie:
-dates
-avocado
-fresh coconut
-young coconut juice (the only reason I own a meat cleaver)
-organic hemp protein from Trader Joe's
-sprouted brown rice protein
-frozen mango
-frozen papaya
-ground cinnamon

I forgot to add my superfoods powders to the smoothie! It was quite tasty nonetheless.

snack size Caesar salad (see entry for 3/21)

food from SunPower Natural Cafe (http://www.sunpowernatural.com/):
-raw pesto pizza (crunchy sunflower seed crust with creamy pesto sauce, cashew cheese, green onions, olives and marinated mushrooms)
-kale salad w/ pine nuts (kale, tomatoes and pine nuts with basil ranch dressing)
-raw cookies (1 and 1/2-- they were very small, about 1/2" thick and 2" diameter) w/ a few gogi berries
-kale treat (I have no idea how these were made-- I think they're partially dehydrated with some sweet, salty, and spicy additions)

Some of the food was a bit too salty for my taste, though it was overall quite good (thanks Anya!). I wrote a Yelp review here: http://melanee.yelp.com/

Caesar salad

Apparently I really love this Caesar. I made a ton of the dressing anyway, it tastes fantastic, and it's so easy to just throw it together, so what the heck.

Kefira living greens drink

I've been drinking half a bottle of a probiotic drink, though I drank a whole one on the first day. It keeps my insides healthy in may ways!

No comments: