Sunday, March 21, 2010

Raw for 7 days (day 1: 3/20/10)

It's been a very long time since I have posted anything, and a lot in my life has changed, but let's just pick it up here, shall we? Each day, I will be posting what I have been eating and any pertinent thoughts/feelings I wish to share.

So, with the beginning of Spring, I am eating all raw foods for 7 days: basically detoxing my diet. I am not doing a "cleanse," per se, since I am not doing any sort of liquid or supplemental flushing. I'm just re-setting and seeing how it goes. Considering I have been vegan and mostly gluten free for almost two years now, it's probably easier for me to just switch it up than it might be for many people.

Below is what I had the first day, and I felt generally good at the end of it. If you want recipes, let me know!

1/2 pink grapefruit
1/2 cup combo of frozen pomegranate seeds and wild blueberries

2 Rawcos:
-Taco "meat" (coarse ground raw walnuts, finely chopped cilantro,ground cumin, chili powder, cayenne, Bragg's liquid aminos, lime juice)
-sliced avocado
-cashew cream (raw cashews blended into a cream w/ water and lemon juice plus Himalayan pink salt)
-Trader Joe's pico de gallo
-collard green leaves used as "shells"

(These "rawcos" were surprisingly easy to make--they're an adjustment of a specific recipe, with additions of my own things, as well as the cashew cream, which is from a different book and which, by the way, I had already made a few days ago)

Restaurant salad: mixed greens, dried cranberries, walnuts, black pepper, balsamic and olive oil

(This was probably not entirely perfectly fitting into my meal plan, but it was the only thing on the menu I could actually eat, so there you go!)

Handful (very small) of raw almonds

kombucha
margarita (1-- bad idea, but it was tasty!!)
Pellegrino

No comments: